Tomato Basil w/ Bruschetta Sandwiches
2 can tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
4 cups canned tomato juice
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1/3 cup Italian season
salt and pepper to tadte
1. Place the tomatoes and juice in a stock pot over medium heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. add the basil and rest of seasons heat for 10 minutes
3. To serve, ladel the soup into bowls and dollop with 1 to 2 tablespoons of Marscapone cheese(optional .)
1 (8 ounce) French baguette
2 garlic cloves, peeled
6 plum tomatoes, sliced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
1 cup fresh basil leaves, stems removed
1 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut the baguette into ½ inch slices. Place on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven for 5 to 7 minutes until dry. Rub one side of each slice with a garlic glove and set aside.
3. Mix together the salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the tomato slices. Drizzle with oil and vinegar.
4. Place a tomato slice garlic side of bread. On top of the tomato place a slice of cheese and a basil leaf. Top with another slice of bread garlic side down.
Turkey Breast Diane
Non-stick cooking spray
1 Pound TURKEY BREAST CUTLETS, pounded to an even thickness
2 Teaspoons lemon pepper seasonings
2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 Tablespoon salt free Worcestershire sauce
1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 Teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
Lemon wedges for garnish
1. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat pan over medium heat for 30 seconds.
2. Sprinkle both sides of turkey cutlets with lemon pepper. Place turkey in hot skillet and saute for 3 to 5 minutes on each side until browned and no longer pink in the cent
3. Combine remaining ingredients in a small mixing bowl, mixing well. Add to pan and cook until heated through.
4. Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley.
CHEF NOTE:Turkey Cutlets/Steaks